Dhanteras Lakshmi Puja dates 2014
- USA/Canada/West Indies/South America: October 20th 2014
- Europe, UK, Europe, Gulf Countries, India, Australia, Newzeland (Countries east of Europee): October 21st 2014
- USA/Canada/West Indies/London/Parts of Europe: October 21st 2014
- Gulf Countriess/India/Malaysia/Australia /Fiji/Newzeland: October 22nd 2014
- India, Europe, USA/Canada & Entire World Except Newzeland, Fiji, Australia (QSLND, NSW, ACT, Victoria): October 22nd 2014
- Australia (WAU, SAU, NT): October 23rd 2014
- USA/Canada: October 22nd 2014
- West Indies, Europe, UK, Europe, Gulf Countries, India, Australia, Newzeland (Countries east of Europee): October 23rd 2014
Gujarati, Marwari New Year 2014
- USA/Canada, India, Gulf Countries, Europe, Malaysia, West Indies: October 24th 2014
- Australia, Fiji, New Zeland: October 25th 2014
Dhanteras Puja Muhurta / Muhurtha / Moorat
Diwali Lakshmi Puja Muhurta / Muhurtha / Moorat (Pradosha Kala with Auspicious Lagna)
- Diwali Lakshmi Puja/Chopada Pujan/Davat Puja Muhurtha For USA/Canada
- Lakshmi Puja/Chopada Pujan/Davat Puja Muhurtha For West Indies, India, Europe, UK, Middle East, Africa, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, Newzeland, Fiji
Diwali Nishith kala Lakshmi Puja Muhurta / Muhurtha / Moorat
- Diwali Nishith kaala Lakshmi Puja/Chopada Pujan/Davat Puja Muhurtha For USA/Canada
- Diwali Nishith kaala Lakshmi Puja/Chopada Pujan/Davat Puja Muhurtha For West Indies, India, Europe, UK, Middle East, Africa, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, Newzeland, Fiji
Diwali Maha Nishith kala (With Sthira Langa) Lakshmi Puja Muhurta / Muhurtha / Moorat
When is diwali? Why there is a difference of date between India and other countries?
Many people visit many internet sites and concludes that diwali is on October 23rd 2014 and this date is good for entire india. Completely wrong. That date is only for India and to be precise may be good for the place in India for which it is calculated. Mostly it will work for entire India because India is relatively smaller country than China, Russia, USA and Canada. Hence one date might be good for entire India but not for other countries.
USA/Canada the pacific time zone Vancouver, Seattle, Oregon, California Amavasya ends at 14:56 PM on October 23rd. The basic rule for diwali is amavasya has to prevail during sunset (pradoshakala) as mahalakshmi comes to house around pradosha time. That's why in india we clean our house before sayankala. Now in Pacific time time Sun doesn't set around 14:56 PM for sure. hence diwali cannot be celebrated on October 23rd in Pacific time zone. Eclipse or no eclipse... Hence as per various agamas diwali HAS to be celebrated on 22nd October as Chaturdashi ends on october 22nd around 14:06 PM and then amavasya starts right right at that time, and prevails during pradosha kala (sunset time) on 22nd October and beyond till 14:56 PM in Pacific Time zone.
In short only if the earth is flat all indian festivals would be on the same date as India. The English calendar is different from indian calendar. Indian calendar is based on the block of 12 degree distance between the sun and the moon. They keep moving in heavens. Also other factors time zone, local sunrise, sunset, moonrise play important role.
If earth was flat the the sun and moon will rise and set all over the world at the same time and we will not have time zones and indian festival dates would become like English calendar. Important: Tithi, Nakshatra, Yoga and Karna are based off the distance between the Sun and the Moon. Each 12 degree distance between them is called a tithi. These Tithi, Nakshatra, Yoga and Karana start and end at the same time in the world like any celestial events and hence if a celestial event happen in India during morning it will happen in USA a day before and in Australia a day after. After this begin and end time determination of Indian Date -- Tithi, the other factors like local sunrise, sunset, moonrise is considered. Hence an Indian festival date will be different in outside of India.
But unfortunately the earth is round and hence we have time zones, longitudes, latitudes, different times for the sunrise and the sunset. Each festival has different rule. Diwali Lakshmi puja is done when amavasya prevails 144 minutes past sunset -- pradosha kala. Tithes don't start at 0:00 hours at midnight they start and end any time. Their duration also is not exactly 24 hours but they vary from 19 to 28 hours (approximately). When amavasya starts before sunset and next day when it ends before the sunset we take previous day for Lakshmi puja but for oil bath we take next day. Now if you apply time zones things change. For example if amavasya starts at 5 pm on say nov 5 in California then in India it will start on November 6th at 5:30 pm due to time zone and then local sunset.
Share on Facebook